Monday, March 26, 2012

32 Week Update

32 Weeks!! I sure like the sound of that but I want to get this baby girl all the way to term. When I feel her kicking me like crazy, I can't help but smile and dream about holding her in my arms. We are so close but we need to get further, it would be so wonderful to have a healthy baby that can stay with me and leave the hospital when I do. I want that experience so much!!

Friday I saw my high risk doctor and my regular OB as well. They are both very pleased that we are at this point! I'm so thankful! This week I'll get one last double round of steroid shots to boost her lung maturity in case she comes sooner rather than later.

The perinatologist wants me to make it a couple more weeks in order to feel comfortable delivering locally rather than in a larger hospital in Houston. It would be so good to get past that point so that Ally will be more ready and it would also make things a lot easier for our family to be together in one town. But Ally's health comes first.

Ally is looking great! She has a big belly and is currently measuring 4 pounds 7 ounces. That sounds so big compared to what I'm used too! I can't even tell you how grateful I am but I won't be able to relax until she's arrived safely and is snuggled in my arms!

32 Week Baby Belly

We now have our changing table/dresser! Yay!

Still waiting for the bedding I ordered from etsy. Kenny moved the glider in from the play room, I'm so glad we went with green because it worked for the boys' nursery and now Ally's!

I sadly am not sharing my ultrasound from this week because it has to be the worst quality ultrasound ever, I can't believe they even printed it out and gave it to me. The printer must not have been working or something. I think it has her tiny profile in the bottom corner but the majority of it is just empty black space. Fortunately I have plenty of previous ultrasounds to look at (maybe even a record number since they've kept such close tabs on her ;).

Thanks for checking in on us and for all the prayers. Good has been so good to us!

4 comments:

Lynn said...

You'd better start doing some weight lifting...you're not going to be ready for this chunky monkey!
This hymn has so much meaning...and gives so much hope. Praying hard!

3. There at my Savior's side
Heav'n is my home;
I shall be glorified,
Heav'n is my home;
There are the good and blest,
Those I love most and best;
And there I, too, shall rest,
Heav'n is my home.

4. Therefore I murmur not,
Heav'n is my home;
Whate'er my earthly lot,
Heav'n is my home;
And I shall surely stand
There at my Lord's right hand.
Heav'n is my fatherland,
Heav'n is my home.
The Lutheran Hymnal, Hymn 660

My email address

Lynn said...

Continuing to lift up prayers!
Hebrews 4:14-16 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
My email address

Lynn said...

Know that you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers! Look to the Lord for all things!
Hebrews 12:1-2 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
My email address

Lynn said...

Always here praying!
Psalms 86:1-4 Bow down thine ear, O LORD, hear me: for I am poor and needy. Preserve my soul; for I am holy: O thou my God, save thy servant that trusteth in thee. Be merciful unto me, O Lord: for I cry unto thee daily. Rejoice the soul of thy servant: for unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul.
My email address