Saturday, March 24, 2012

Adventures With Andrew Part III

Gammy also took Andrew to a special event at historic George Ranch where he got watch and learn from real cowboys!

Andrew wore his coon skinned cap and vest and everyone at the ranch called him Davy Crockett all day which he loved!

One of the activities was a relay race, Andrew eagerly volunteered to participate!

Andrew got a one on one roping lesson!

Checking out some historic buildings.

Watching the real cowboys at work

A real life "stinky longhorn" ;-)

A yummy lunch straight from the chuck wagon

Andrew really bonded with Gammy's new puppy Blue. They became fast friends!

One day Andrew and Gammy went to Build a Bear and Andrew got to make a special bear for himself and a surprise bear for Adam. He picked out Luke Skywalker for himself and Darth Vador for Adam, complete with light sabers!

So glad to have my little man back. I missed him so much but I'm so glad he got to have such a fun and special week at his grandparents house!!

One last picture, Andrew cheering on the Lady Aggies at the first round of the NCAA tourney, from the first row, so fun!!

Even though it was really hard to have both my sweeties out of town, this time did wonders for me and probably extended the length of my pregnancy. It was a good and much needed break for Daddy too. After nearly two weeks in bed, I felt better than I had in a month and I've been able to get out a tiny bit here and there while still taking it pretty easy most of the time.

A huge thank you to all the grandparents!!!!

2 comments:

lacey_hammerlun said...

They both looked like they had so much fun!! :)

Lynn said...

So glad you're feeling better! And let me tell you...being a grams is one of the bestest things there is!

Was thinking about this hymn today and wanted to share it. Praying!

1. I'm but a stranger here,
Heav'n is my home;
Earth is a desert dread,
Heav'n is my home.
Danger and sorrow stand
Round me on every hand;
Heav'n is my fatherland,
Heav'n is my home.

2. What though the tempest rage,
Heav'n is my home;
Short is my pilgrimage,
Heav'n is my home;
And time's wild wintry blast
Soon shall be overpast;
I shall reach home at last,
Heav'n is my home.
The Lutheran Hymnal, Hymn 660, vv. 1-2

My email address