Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Change of Plans


Thanks for checking on us. If you don't have time to read the post below, here are our current prayer needs:
  • Safety and protection for my boys during their upcoming adventures
  • Safety for Ally, that she would stay put and be healthy and strong
  • That my back would stop spasming and the pain would lessen

If you are able, I would so appreciate your prayers. I'm in pretty severe pain with back spasms that are radiating around my right side. There really isn't much that can be done to help since I can't really take much and massages and therapy are not options either. I can't even soak in a hot bath due to my cerclage restrictions. So I'm laying on the heating pad and have added cold packs into the mix. I've tried one of those back supports brace thingies and I'm doing some stretches and relaxation stuff but nothing seems to help. I'm not on strict bed rest so much as that I can barely get out of bed because it hurts too bad. I'm very thankful that these are "my" issues and Ally is doing well. I'll suffer through whatever I have to, to get her here safely, I just would prefer not to be suffering.

We had a little scare Sunday night and I spent the night in the hospital. I had developed a sudden deep cough (possibly side effect of my meds) and that seemed to aggravate my contractions and the scariest part was that I'd started spotting. So they wanted me to come in and get checked out. They made sure I wasn't leaking amniotic fluid and to make sure I wasn't in labor. Although my cervix did shorten, it's not effaced yet and I'm not leaking fluid, praise God! My fluid level is elevated but not terribly. They think I may have busted a blood vessel that could have caused the spotting.  They kept me for iv fluids and to monitor my contractions and the baby's heart rate.  They also put me on a zpak because of the cough and fortunately I'd just received a course of steroids to help Ally's lungs mature in case anything changes. Everything seemed stable so they released me after breakfast to go rest at home.  So glad not to be in labor and that Ally is doing ok.

I've finally had to accept the fact that we need more help with the kids. As awesome as Kenny has been these last few weeks, he obviously can't do it all and has a job so he can't pick them up from school and watch them in the afternoons and I'm just not physically able to anymore. We were really going to be in a bind considering there is no school next week for spring break, my parents will be traveling and all my college girls will be on vacation too.  So we've put a plan into action and both boys will be going on their own little trips to get us through spring break.

With less than 48 hours to go during a major travel season, I somehow managed to book Adam onto my parents flight to Colorado, so tomorrow morning my baby boy will be going on his first big trip without me. Flying and traveling makes me very nervous in general but I know he'll be in very capable hands and that he's going to have a blast. I'm super sad that I won't be able to watch him ski for the first time but I'm excited for the adventure he has ahead of him.

Andrew will finish out the school week and then this weekend sometime he'll be going off to his own special trip to Gammy & Peepaw's house. I know he will get lots of snuggly one on one time and cookie baking and fun outings and play time so I know he's going to enjoy himself. He isn't quite as adventurous as Adam yet when it comes to things like sledding and likely skiing so this will be a great fit and he is very excited about his trip.

I'm going to miss them SO much! I'm nervous about them being so far away for very long but I know it will be a great experience for them to have an opportunity to really be "individuals" and get special one on one time with some of the other people that love them so dearly too. Please pray for safety for them while they are traveling and having new adventures.

And a huge Thank YOU to our parents for helping out in such a big way and allowing me to really rest during this important time for Ally.

(And if anyone wants to come by for a visit please let me know, I'm pretty lonely stuck at home while Kenny's at work)

5 comments:

Caroline said...

Oh Lindsey ... I'm sorry there are so many things to endure. Hope you can get some rest and not worry about the boys too much. Glad Ally is still in there.

Adam and Andrew said...

Thank you Caroline!! Hope you are doing well!

Lynn said...

Know that I'm here praying so very hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know the boys will have a grand time! you'll be on the other side soon and your family will be back together again!
Psalms 63:1-2 O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary.

Lynn said...

Continuing to lift up prayers!
Psalms 63:5-8 My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips: When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches. Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice. My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me.

Lathan, Lauren, Logan, London said...

Oh my...so sorry you are having such a hard time :( Praying for you for sure! Keep us posted!