Monday, April 02, 2012

Back to the Boys

The boys have been managing pretty well during all this period of limbo, though it's been tough on everyone. I miss getting to do everything with them and look forward to the day when I'm able to be the one mainly caring for them again.

I'm so thankful for Kenny, he has taken care of all of us even when he's exhausted from long days at work. He doesn't want me to budge from the bed so he brings me water and dinner and snacks and medicines straight to me in bed. So thankful for him!

I'm thankful for my mom and sister who come over to help out so much at my house and take the boys places and bring me things from the store. And I've been very fortunate to have my college girls that I can trust to pick my boys up from school and drive them to therapies and plan fun activities for them. And I'm so thankful for friends that are bringing food and visiting and doing some shopping for me.

I really don't like asking for or accepting help but the fact is we've needed it and I'm very grateful. We are surrounded by blessings!!

One day their sitter E took them bowling, so fun!!

So handsome dressed up and ready for church with Daddy. I'm really missing not getting to go to church!

Daddy was their hero getting the water slide out and horsing around together.

Though Kenny & I had an exhausting night Friday, the boys still had a very full fun Saturday. They played in their soccer game, then went with their sitter Brittany to the physics fair for a bit and then they met up with my parents at the Aggie baseball game and then Brittany took them to see the Lorax and then brought us dinner!!

They were so tired they slept great that night and we were able to catch up on our rest after being up all night before. It's a comfort to me that their lives are still very full despite my "absence" right now. I'm grateful that they know how loved they are by so many during these crazy days.

If I haven't mentioned it here, they are playing on the Killer Whales soccer team. Andrew was very excited that his teammates voted for his suggestion. This kid LOVES his killer whales ;-)

Photo from the first Aggie Baseball game Brittany took them to a few weeks ago

When Andrew is worn out ;-)

So thankful for these three boys . . .

4 comments:

Amy B said...

LOVE the last picture of Kenny and the boys at the end! So sweet! Stay strong, Lindsey!

Lynn said...

Each day you get through is a day closer to hold your precious little one!
Know that you're in my thoughts and prayers!
Psalms 73:23-26 Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand. Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.
My email address

Lynn said...

Jesus understands suffering. Praying!
Hebrews 2:9-10 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man. For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.
My email address

Lynn said...

Praying right now!
Isaiah 53:4-6 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
My email address