Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Big Boy Rooms

This has been a VERY slow project but it's finally come together. We've been working on fixing the boys room up over the last several months. They've had their bedding (PBK's Ryder Train) a long time but the rest of the room was the same as when they were in their toddler beds.

First we took the foot boards off their beds (these were convertible cribs), this helped the room feel a lot more open. Then Kenny painted the walls blue which looks so much better than the dark tan that came with the house. My mom made the boys some awesome window treatments and then she & Dana helped decorate the walls with vinyl initials and some train prints that I found online.

Wish I had some better pictures!

Memory board my mom made with the train fabric that matches the sheets.

Love the window treatments

Only thing left is the vinyl names that go over the initials and a vinyl train wall decal. But those will have to wait for now!

6 comments:

Lynn said...

They're growing up too fast!!!!! And you have to put them in big boy rooms?!
These words give such comfort! I'm always here praying hard for your family!
Job 19:25-27 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.
My email address

Laura said...

love the room it looks great! Now all your kids have THE cutest rooms!

Lynn said...

Stopping by to let you know that I'm always here praying!
Jeremiah 17:7-8 Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.
My email address

Lynn said...

Praying right now!
Isaiah 26:3-4 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength.
My email address

Lynn said...

Know that you're always in my thoughts and prayers.
Isaiah 41:10, 13 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness. (13) For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.
My email address

Lynn said...

Continuing to lift up prayers!
Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid...for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
My email address