Monday, April 30, 2012

Details on Ally's Big Day

Last Belly Pic before we left for the hospital.

36 Weeks and 5 Days
We did it!!!

Proud Big Brothers

Meeting Little Sister for the first time

Ally was born at 12:38 pm

I cried both before and after she was born, it was such an emotional experience. Hearing her cry just flooded my heart with joy & relief.

I was in so much pain during and after the surgery. I had a "hot spot" which is when there is a place that the anesthesia doesn't reach for some reason and it felt like the left side of my abdomen was ripping apart. The anesthesiologist felt really bad and came by to apologize but I think I'm just one of those weird people that drugs don't affect normally. So the first few days were such a blur of pain and crazy drugs as we tried to get the pain under control.

A photo from the recovery room right after my c-section. I'm so drugged and hurting right then and I looked pretty rough but my heart has never been happier! The doctors & nurses knew how I wanted to be with the baby as much as possible since I didn't get that with the boys. They brought her right back to me and I got to really hold her and nurse her for the first time soon after her birth. I'm so grateful for these special experiences that I missed the last time.

"No more photos, please!!"
Lol, she loves to have her hands over her face, we noticed that in her ultrasound pics too

First Bath

First shirt and Bow

They took Ally back to the nursery after I fed her. But I got to see her again, after recovery they rolled my bed through the nursery viewing area and held her up for me. I also got to see my friends & family that were out there and give my boys a wave as we headed to our room.

"It's exhausting being this cute!"

Once we were in our room we changed Ally in to her first outfit and the boys came to meet her in person. They were so excited to give her the gifts they picked out.

Ally had gifts for them too: new Star Wars Jammie's & superhero underwear ;-)

The boys gifts for Ally were so special because they matched what the boys sleep with and are so attached to. A soft baby killer whale "Shamu" from Andrew and a pink rattling "blankie" from Adam.

Adam holding Ally for the first time

Andrew holding Ally for the first time

Meeting handsome cousin Logan for the first time. They are just over 3 months apart and I can't wait to see what close friends they'll be!!

Trying on her sweet Owl Hat

Our first day with Ally was so wonderful, she is such a blessing!

5 comments:

Lynn said...

I'm just so happy for you I can't put it into words!
Praying right now.
Psalms 9:9-10 The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.
My email address

Its Me! said...

I had a "hot spot" with Taylor... terrible!! So glad you all are doing well - such a blessing!!! (she's so cute!! Love all the hair do-dads!!)

Lynn said...

Praying hard!
Psalms 59:16-17 But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble. Unto thee, O my strength, will I sing: for God is my defence, and the God of my mercy.
My email address

Anonymous said...

Lindsey, I am so happy Ally is safely here. How are you feeling now? I know the pregnancy was difficult. Pat

Adam and Andrew said...

Pat, Thanks for asking, I'm doing SO much better now. I stayed in the hospital until Sunday so I could rest after finally getting my pain under control. Now 1 week out I'm doing amazing, I'm nearly off pain meds and moving around well. I'm pretty slow still, I think my muscles atrophied from 2 months of bed rest. :-)