Saturday, April 07, 2012

I'm Still Pregnant, Yay for 34 Weeks!

19 Rounds of Weekly Progesterone Shots down, only 2 more to go!!! (they will give me my last shot at 36 weeks, that doesn't mean I only have two weeks of pregnancy to go though ;-)

We've battled through another week and are still hanging in here. The only times I left my house were for my two doctor appointments this week where they hooked me to the monitors to track my contractions and Ally's heart rate.

The contractions are still around and still painful but they haven't been in any significant rhythm since the earlier part of the week so that's really good. Ally is a tough little thing, she cruises through the contractions like a rock star and does her best to kick the straps off my belly ;-).

My painter came back this week and added the scripture we picked out. I love this verse, its not one of the typical ones you see in nurseries all the time. It reminds me of God's faithfulness to Ally and our family and the journey we are all on.

My mom made these awesome curtains for her. They are white with pink and green polka dots. The tabs now have green buttons on them too, sooo cute!!!!!!!

Someday I will get an actual camera out and take some better pictures of her room, because the colors in these are terrible. That dark wall is not that overwhelming in real life.

34 Week Belly picture! My mom took this for me as I headed out the door to my last doctor appointment. My face and feet are very swollen and the stretch marks have started to appear, but that's okay with me because I'm 9 weeks more pregnant than I've ever been in my life, Woohoooo!

Thank you for your continued prayers for Ally and I. I'm getting to that point now where my anxiety is turning from prematurity to all the other scary things that can sometimes happen but I'm praying God would continue to watch over us and calm my mama nerves as we approach the start of a new season in our lives.

The Lord your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing.

Zephaniah 3:17

4 comments:

Kelly said...

So happy for you! And the room is beautiful :)!

Margaux's dedication verse is Zephaniah 3:17!!!! I LOVE the verse - it is just beautiful!

I can't image 19 weeks of Progesterone shots -- I opted for them for the first 12 weeks after finding out we were pregnant and I was black & blue and ready for them to be over! Can't imagine more!

Cannot wait to see pictures of your little girl!

Lynn said...

Each day she's still hanging on inside is such a special gift! Great job, Ally!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep on staying put for just a little longer!!!!!!!!!
We have hope because of all Christ went through! Praying for you right now!!!
Isaiah 53:7-10: He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth. He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth. Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
My email address

Lynn said...

What a tremendous comfort we have in the wounds of Jesus! Praying in Seattle right now!
Isaiah 49:13-16a Sing, O heavens; and be joyful, O earth; and break forth into singing, O mountains: for the LORD hath comforted his people, and will have mercy upon his afflicted. But Zion said, The LORD hath forsaken me, and my Lord hath forgotten me. Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands...
My email address

Ashley said...

love zeph 3:17! It was our son's dedication verse. At the time, while I loved it, some people thought it strange, but now that our son is 2 1/2, it is sooo fitting to him!

Love Ally's nursery!