Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Ally's First Days

Here are a bunch of pictures from Ally's first few days

I love this gown my mom and I did together. It was just a plain white gown and I added the embroidery and my mom made and attached the ribbon. So sweet!!

Her nice tan came from being a little jaundiced. Her eyes got pretty yellow but fortunately she never needed any treatment.

Adam has been so great with her. He is such a sweetheart!

Andrew loves his sister! He's pretty attached to his mama so he had a hard time only seeing me in the hospital and not being able to climb all on me since I was so sore. I sure missed my boys too!

The boys and their awesome babysitter Brittany. She brought them up for a visit on Friday.

Getting to snuggle with my girl in the hospital while I recovered was just amazing!! I've cherished every moment together!

Adam used to put his hands on his face just like this. I love it!

Pink Overload! I still can't believe I have a daughter! Such a blast!

The nurses said she was the best dressed baby in the nursery with all her monogrammed accessories ;-). Having access to an embroidery machine is so fun!

I still can't believe I gave birth to a healthy 7 lb 1 oz baby!! What a dream come true!!

This experience has been SO healing for me, I can't even explain it! It was so hard being on the sidelines and not really feeling like a mom after the boys were born. This time around being able to bond so intimately from the start plus getting to nurse Ally has been awesome. God is SO good.

6 comments:

Sarah Pope said...

I'm so glad that it was such a good experience and that Ally is a healthy little girl. I'm also glad to hear that it was healing for you. I hope one day, we can follow in your footsteps with a healthy, full-termer! Congrats again!

Erica said...

YEA!! She is gorgeous..been trying to comment but my phone won't let me. So happy she is here and healthy..a true blessing!!!

Lynn said...

I forgot about that problem! Coming home in pain to kids who want nothing more than to climb up in your lap or running up to you and wanting a big hug! But you're getting better every day and it's all good!
Know that you're in my thoughts and prayers!
Psalms 61:1-4 Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy. I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah.
My email address

Todd and Randi said...

I know exactly that feeling you speak of. It truly is overwhelming and I thank God I got to experience it with Ridley. What a blessing! Praying for an easy transition to a family of five.

B, E and C's Mommy said...

Healing is a precious gift from Him isn't it...there is no better feeling that being at peace. Cullen brought that to me as well. I got chills when I read your words. I am so thrilled for you!
Blessings,
Angie

Lynn said...

Praying so very hard in Seattle!
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
My email address