Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Ally's Delivery



Let everything that has breath praise the Lord…
Psalm 150:6


Sorry that I'm still on hospital picture overload. I want to include these pictures from the operating room because I use this blog to keep our family's memories and this was a big moment for us (I'll try to keep the gore to a minimum).  It's really special to have these pictures because we don't have a single photo from the boy's birth since our delivery was unexpected and emergent (and scary) there was no time to pause for pictures. I was so emotional this time as well because I had so much anxiety built up and so much more time to think about everything. I prayed and cried while I waited for them to do the spinal and bring Kenny back. When we had the boys, they were immediately rushed out of the room to be intubated and we didn't get to see them for a long time and never saw their faces without tubes.  This time was just completely different in every way. What a wonderful experience it was for both Kenny & I to get to see the baby the whole time while they cleaned her up and to hear her strong cries. I cried again when I saw her for the first time. God is SO good!!


I loved the sign in our Delivery Room as we got ready to go back for the C-Section



7 Pounds 1 Ounce of Sweet Baby Girl


She looked SO big to me!


Sweet Face


Proud Daddy


Meeting my girl face to face


Counting her fingers ;-)


One happy Mama


Be glad in the Lord and rejoice...and shout for joy.
Psalm 32:11



"Turn off these bright lights!"



First Snuggles in the Recovery Room

Shout joyfully to God...How awesome are your works. 
Psalm 66:1,3

One thing I never posted about during my pregnancy was that at 16 weeks we were told that Ally screened positive for a life changing medical disorder.  We were given the option to do an amnio to learn for certain whether or not the screen was correct but we chose not to. We'd struggled so much just to get to this point that we were not willing to jeopardize the pregnancy when the outcome really wouldn't change things for us. So we went with a higher level ultrasound from our perinatologist. Everything appeared "normal" on ultrasound but they couldn't give us any certainties, but I learned long ago that in life there are never any certainties. We've been given pretty bad news about our kids health in the past so we knew we could handle it and we just decided to put it out of our minds. But it was always there in the back of my mind and in my every prayer.  I wanted so badly for my girl to not face a life of challenges. Though it would have changed nothing about they way we felt for her and how joyful we were, it was a relief to learn that the screen was a false positive and that our little girl was perfectly healthy. Praise the Lord!


I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised.   
2 Samuel 22:7

3 comments:

Laurel Tanneberger said...

I am teary! I'm soo happy for you, my heart is so warm inside because I know the joy it is to hold your brand new 7 lb 1 oz baby GIRL! Wendy weighed as much. Your smile on the operating table says it all. The bond between mother...and daughter...has begun.

Laurel Tanneberger said...

I am teary! I'm soo happy for you, my heart is so warm inside because I know the joy it is to hold your brand new 7 lb 1 oz baby GIRL! Wendy weighed as much. Your smile on the operating table says it all. The bond between mother...and daughter...has begun.

Lynn said...

I hate those stupid tests. Wrong more than they're right! So thankful she's fine but it upsets me that you had to go through all that!
These words are so very comforting! Praying right now!
John 14:1-3 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
My email address