Friday, May 18, 2012

Perspective . . .

When Ally came home from the hospital she weighed 6 pounds 4 ounces. Most people probably would not consider taking their newborn's picture with a pink sharpie highlighter as a prop. But when the boys were in the nicu few people were allowed in to visit them and it was really hard to describe how tiny they truly were so I grabbed the first thing I came across that would put their size into perspective and it just happened to be a pink highlighter.  So to carry on the tradition of the marker photos, I took one of Ally and you can sort of get an idea of the difference between a 6-7 pound 19" newborn and a tiny micro preemie.

Adam


Ally looks like a giant!


Andrew


I'm so very thankful for all three of my little miracles!!

3 comments:

Tiffany J. said...

I totally understand. we used my hubby's hand and forearm and later a stuff Eyeore. Most people that have never had a premie just don't understand how small they are. My kiddo was born 3 months early. But Many blessings on a healthy full term baby girl. ;-)

Lynn said...

There just aren't words!
Such words of comfort! Praying hard!
Job 19:25-27 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.
My email address

Lynn said...

Continuing to pray!
Psalms 130:1-2, 5-7 Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O LORD. Lord, hear my voice: let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications (5-7) I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope. My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more than they that watch for the morning. Let Israel hope in the LORD: for with the LORD there is mercy, and with him is plenteous redemption.
My email address