Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Perseverance

It was a long way up to the top and the children didn't think they could do it and part of me wondered silently if we made bad a decision setting off on this adventure. But we wouldn't allow them to turn back because we knew if they gave up they would miss the experience and the reward waiting for them up at the top.



We made goals to reach certain things like a big boulder to stop by for a rest & water break.



We had to encourage them and offer some tough love at times when we could see a meltdown coming









And finally we reached the little bridge and discovered the beautiful pure waters of the natural waterfall dancing before our eyes, we knew that we had persevered and the reward had been worth it. It really was a challenging hike and I know it was extremely difficult for Andrew but he endured and I was so proud of his accomplishment.


God is the author of so much incredible beauty for us to enjoy



Thankful to watch them experience such an important life lesson. My kids may never lead the pack academically or be a superstar athlete, but more important I hope they gain character and grit and learn to never quit despite the challenges life throws at you. So proud of the many mountains I've seen these boys climb.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Wish I could have gone with you! Oh how I love waterfalls! And way to go, Andrew! Fantastic job!!!!!!!!
Praying in Seattle!
Psalms 28:6-7 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.
My email address