Thursday, January 17, 2013

Miss Allygator is 8 Months Old!!!


This has been an exciting month for Ally Michele aka Allygator aka Allybear aka Owlie ;-)

She turned 8 months old on Christmas Day and also got her first tooth, then her second popped through a day later. Those were a rough few days on my drooly grumpyish baby. She also had a tummy bug on Christmas Day =( but I'm not sure if it was the teeth, the scrambled eggs or a virus, it happened a few times and then went away fortunately.

Ally has a few new tricks, she has a very dramatic "yes" nod up and down and then occasionally she'll shake her head "no". I'm not sure she knows that either one means something specific and that it's not just a "trick". Her brothers never nodded, only shook their heads dramatically "NO!" so this has been a nice change!

Ally is such a mimic, I sometimes blow in her face to make her blink and laugh and now she pauses and then purses her lips so cute and blows back in my face lol!! She's crazy about her daddy (the feeling is mutual ;) and she calls "Dada dada dada dada" over and over and lights up whenever she sees him.

She has amazing abdominals and can crunch from flat on her back and side. She crunches until she is in a semi sitting position then uses her arms to get into sitting. My Preemies, especially Andrew, had very weak trunk muscles and I'm pretty sure Andrew was walking before he could get in and out of sitting, so her abs strength has always amazed me! Because of this and trying to get into kneeling we had to lower her crib. I think it won't be long before she's completely pulling up.

She's still not truly crawling though she gets on all fours and rocks. She scoots backwards a lot and can drag herself forward to get to anything she wants but she hasn't quite figured out how to bring her legs into motion and use them.

She's getting much trickier to change now, she used to just lay compliantly on the changing table but now she's wiggling and rolling away and grabbing at everything with her hands.

She loves to eat ;-) if you can't tell.  She loves holding bread or baby biscuits or pizza crust and gnawing on it. She has started picking up puffs and fruit pieces and gets them to her mouth but she hasn't totally mastered her timing on this skill and misses the "release" a lot so I think she prefers for me to feed her if she's really hungry. She opens her mouth like a little bird and waits for me to drop something in it ;-).

She will take a bottle when I'm not around but she isn't fond of the sippy cup and still does a great deal of nursing. But she's my last baby and only nurser,  and has always been extremely efficient, so I don't mind it too much. I have very few memories of getting to just stop and cuddle/rock the boys so I'm savoring every minute I get to snuggle with her.

Having two fragile preemie infants was at least 20 times the work that Ally has been and that's with 6 year old crazy twins on top. Even though sometimes I allow myself to think about how pleasant and easy it would have been to have had her first, but I'm sure I'd never have appreciated just how easy she really is. And we'd have probably NEVER survived the twins had we known just how "terrible" (but worth it) it all truly was.  ONLY by the Grace of God did we survive it! I have a feeling I'll be saying this over and over as the years go by, those boys continue to be QUITE the handful ;-0 !!!

Ally Michele


Full of Joy!


The color in this last pic isn't too good but I love the sweet thoughtful face she's making and I think if you look real close you can see her two front bottom teeth



In the rocking chair with Piggie 



This is the first time she's ever stopped our shoot to pick up Piggie and play


I think we may be leaving the easy to pose baby stage, she's now getting busy!


"What's that over there mama?"


I always wanted to have beautiful blue eyes  . . . .  Lucky Girl!


 In her towel, after her bath I always refer to her as "Owlie"


"I want to crawl so bad and this towel certainly isn't helping matters!"


There really are NO words to describe how thankful to God I am to have gotten this experience with Ally. She is such a treasure and a joy and I wouldn't trade her for anything (or her brothers either of course :). But she really has completed our family in a way I never dreamed possible. My house is constantly a wreck (despite the fact that I'm blessed with some recurrent help around my home), my laundry baskets are always overflowing, the clean laundry is seldom put away and we are always running from one place to the next like crazy people. 

However these last 8 months with all three of my babies have honestly been the greatest of my ENTIRE life. I'm just so in love with my baby girl. What a wonderful gift I've been entrusted with and I hope and pray that I can raise her to be a Christ loving sweet little girl and one day . . . young woman (yikes!).

11 comments:

Lynn said...

Continuing to pray!!!!
Psalms 46:7, 10-11 The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.(10-11) Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
My email address

Lynn said...

Lifting up prayers right now!
1 Peter 1:3-5 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
My email address

Lynn said...

You're in my prayers.
1 Peter 1:18-19, 20 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot (21) Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.
My email address

Lynn said...

Continuing to pray!
Psalms 130:1-2, 5-7 Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O LORD. Lord, hear my voice: let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications (5-7) I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope. My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more than they that watch for the morning. Let Israel hope in the LORD: for with the LORD there is mercy, and with him is plenteous redemption.
My email address

Lynn said...

Praying right now!
Romans 8:35, 37-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?...Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
My email address

Lynn said...

Know that I'm always praying!
Psalms 70:1, 4-5 Make haste, O God, to deliver me; make haste to help me, O LORD. (4-5) Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: and let such as love thy salvation say continually, Let God be magnified. But I am poor and needy: make haste unto me, O God: thou art my help and my deliverer; O LORD, make no tarrying.
My email address

Lynn said...

The Lord will be with you always! I'll be here praying!
Colossians 3:15-16 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
My email address

Lynn said...

Continuing to pray so very hard!
Ephesians 3:14-21 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.
My email address

Lynn said...

Lifting up prayers right now!
Psalms 34:15, 17-19 The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry...The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles. The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.
My email address

Lynn said...

Praying hard in Seattle!
Psalms 103:1-5 Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.
My email address

Lynn said...

Am here praying!
Psalms 27:1, 4-5 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?...One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple. For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.
My email address