Sunday, March 10, 2013

Houston Livestock Show

Dana and I recently took the big boys on a field trip to the Houston Livestock Show. We had such a great time visiting all the exhibits and learning about agriculture and animals. I was so proud of Andrew as we walked ALL over the Reliant/Astrodome Complex and he did a great job keeping up though I know his muscles were aching and cramping up. We usually bring a stroller along on our adventures and let him rest from time to time but since we didn't bring the babies we decided to ditch the stroller and he was such a trooper. And to top it all off, both Adam and Andrew decided they wanted to compete in the Mutton Bustin competition. Which is a children's rodeo event where they ride a sheep bareback and whoever holds on the longest is the winner. I thought for sure at least one of them would chicken out but they volunteered to be the first kids to go! They loved it and placed 3rd & 5th place, not bad for rookies! What a fun day!



Petting Zoo









Pony Rides




Farming



Corn Angels

Rides










So proud of my Mutton Busters!






My little Cowboys


 What a great time!

6 comments:

lmworley416 said...

The Lord is always with you! Praying!
Psalms 62:5-8 My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved. In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God. Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
My email address

lmworley416 said...

There are times God can seem so very far away, but He's always right there with you! Praying!
Psalms 13:1-6 How long wilt thou forget me, O LORD? for ever? how long wilt thou hide thy face from me? How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? ... Consider and hear me, O LORD my God: lighten mine eyes, ... But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation. I will sing unto the LORD, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.
My email address

Lynn said...

Know that you're in my thoughts and prayers!
Psalms 73:23-26 Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand. Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.
My email address

lmworley416 said...

Still praying hard in Seattle!
Jeremiah 29:11-13 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
My email address

lmworley416 said...

These words give such hope. Praying!
John 14:1-3 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
My email address

lmworley416 said...

Always here praying! Extra prayers for Andrew!
Isaiah 63:7-9: I will mention the lovingkindnesses of the LORD, and the praises of the LORD, according to all that the LORD hath bestowed on us, and the great goodness toward the house of Israel, which he hath bestowed on them according to his mercies, and according to the multitude of his lovingkindnesses. For he said, Surely they are my people, children that will not lie: so he was their Saviour. In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.
My email address