Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Happier Trails

Andrew has been in a much better mood here lately after we've been slowly adjusting some of the medications he takes which have had some pretty unpleasant side affects. This has been a very delicate, frustrating process over the course of the last year and I just want to shout Praise the Lord because I'm finally feeling encouraged about things and hope we can continue heading in the right direction, especially with school starting soon. These are things that weigh heavy on my heart and I'm thrilled to see his beautiful smile. (if you wonder what I mean, go look at the pictures from the 4th of July LOL)





My two favorite boys in the whole world!


The last time I posted about hiking it wasn't such a pleasant memory, but we got back out there and this time around it has been a much more positive experience. Andrew has figured out if he hikes in his bike helmet it gives him a lot more confidence and peace of mind, so I'm good with that! Also if we make him the leader and have him set the pace for everyone he is much happier and he doesn't have to worry about keeping up with the other boys because he's at the front. We found a new trail that was much more our speed and everyone had a good time! Ally was there too but she fell asleep on my back as soon as we hit the trail.




Beautiful mountain trail




Our Wonderful Anne Michal, I'm so used to the kids all calling her "Aunt Michal" I've even caught myself call her that LOL


Adam's favorite part was finding a patch of wild raspberries to sample. They were actually pretty good and picking them fresh from the mountain was pretty exciting for the kids.



I look at these three beautiful healthy kids and I'm so very very grateful!!


Cousins are such a blessing!




In other news, Ally will no longer wear a bow/headband anymore. It was fun while it lasted. She rips it off her head as quick as she can, unless I can distract her long enough to take her picture before she gets it off ;-)  But slowly she is getting some hair, it may not be getting much longer but its definitely getting thicker =-)


3 comments:

Lynn said...

Glad it went so much better this time and you could actually enjoy God's beautiful creation!
Stopping by to let you know that I'm praying!
Psalms 91:1-2, 4 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. (4) He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
My email address

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

One of my all time favorite verses!

Lynn said...

Here's some more from the same chapter!
The Lord will always use whatever you're going through for your good! Praying!
Psalms 91:9-12 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
My email address