Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Little Superman

Some photos from Andrew's botox procedure. We had to be at Texas Children's bright and early so we were on the road at 4:45am which is super early for me, I'm not much of a morning person.


Such a sweet boy!


Afterward in the recovery room, he does not wake up well from anesthesia. Hiding from everyone right before he went crazy and tried to yank off every single thing touching him, he nearly got the IV.


After lots of screaming and demanding to leave, the nurse decided he could go home LOL


I can't tell much of a difference yet but Andrew has had a confidence boost so I'm very pleased. He's been riding his bike more than he ever has in his life (the reciprocal pedaling movement is very challenging for him). He was even brave enough to give it a try without training wheels. He's not there yet but I was very proud of him for giving it a try!


Riding his bike with some encouragement from Granny


Andrew has been working hard all summer at coloring with markers. I think he's much better than me now! All the coloring seems to have strengthened his hands because his handwriting is looking a little better every day.


In one week we head back to Texas Children's to get his first cast to start stretching out the tendon in his heel.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Isn't riding the bike more an improvement?
Continuing to pray!
Romans 5:6-9 For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
My email address

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

Yes that definitely is! I should have said I havent noticed much improvement in his flexibility or range of motion. I'm not sure if the bike thing is his self confidence or if the muscle is responding yet. But either way, if he's happy then I'm happy!! He finally seems to get why we do the Botox and he thinks its given him some super powers. He keeps asking me to watch how much higher he can jump. I love that!!