Monday, October 28, 2013

Ally is 18 months old!

And just like that, Ally Michele turned 18 months old. . . . WOW!

She had her 18 month check up and flu shot :-( and she now weighs 24 1/2 pounds.

There is so much to say about Ally at this age. She is such a sponge and amazes me every day with all the things she knows. She pretty much calls everyone by name (her versions) and she speaks in short phrases now. She loves books and can look through her favorites and "reads" them out loud to herself (mostly in words only she can understand). She especially loves "Ni Ni Moo"(Goodnight Moon) and "Brow Brow Seeeeeeeee" (Brown Bear, Brown Bear What do you see?)

She loves going to Kindermusik with me as well as Logan and Aunt Dana. She sings and smiles. She loves to sing along with me in the car to Old McDonald (EIEI Ohhhhhhhhhh, Moo Moo Mooo!) Head Shoulders Knees and Toes (ToesToesTooooooes) and Jesus Loves Me :-).

She says and points to all her body parts, knows most all the animal names and their sounds. I couldn't count all her words if I tried, the list grows daily. I'm sure this is all very average lol but after having two babies that never hit a single milestone on track (of course they didn't and that's OK!!) it's just really been an exciting and fun experience to see her grow so easily and naturally.

She's all girl and fortunately for me her hairbow strike was temporary ;). In fact she is so into accessories now that if her bow comes off she'll bring it to me and say "Mama! Bow! Help!!"

She loves jewelry, purses, shoes and I promise she didn't inherit that from me, I own one pair of earrings and wear the same flip flops nearly every day. I'm having fun watching her though!

She's a terrible eater. She won't touch meat, beans, veggies and she's getting pickier on fruits even. She likes grapes, berries, tortillas and granola bars. And she has quite the sweet tooth . . .

She loves to give hugs and cuddles and she'd be content to let me hold her all day if I'd let her (clingy much?). Sometimes it's very exhausting but mostly I'm just extremely grateful I get to do all this . . .

She's a real sassy pants and drives me crazy sometimes with her stubborn ways lol but I can keep my cool so much easier with her than I ever could with the boys (surely this is the difference between one vs TWO toddlers driving mama batty at once). She has daddy pretty much right where she wants him. Which means I get to be the "bad guy" more every day as she is constantly pushing the limits. But she doesn't seem to hold it against me for too long, so I really need to step up my game here and be more strict with her, but it is hard!

She loves her brothers too. Every afternoon we sit on the porch and when she can hear the schoolbus coming she gets so excited and points "Buush, Boyeez!!" "Aaa-um" (Adam) "Aaa-drew".

It's crazy to think how much she has changed things around here in such a short period of time. For me, seeing her is seeing tangible answers to prayers walking around our home. I know that makes no sense but I don't know how else to say it when I reflect back on where we were and how we got to here. We have three wild, challenging, delightful children.

I'm grateful. So very grateful for all of this.

14 comments:

Lynn said...

18 months...so hard to believe!
Praying right now!
1 John 1:1-4 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;) That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ. And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.

Lynn said...

Continuing to lift up prayer!
Isaiah 26:3-4 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength:
My email address

Lynn said...

She is so adorable!
Praying!
Psalms 40:1-4a I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD. Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust...
My email address

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

Thank you Lynn! Going by way too fast!

Lynn said...

Always lifting up prayer!
Psalms 40:5, 11, 13 Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered. (11) Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O LORD: let thy lovingkindness and thy truth continually preserve me. (13) Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me: O LORD, make haste to help me.

Lynn said...

And you're going to blink again and she's going to be in kindergarten! Don't say it often enough but you know I'm saying special prayers for Andrew! Little man has to go through oh so much!
Psalms 40:16-17 Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: let such as love thy salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified. But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.

Lindsey: Mama of Andrew, Adam, and Ally said...

Thank you Lynn, that means so much! He has an appt Tuesday with the cerebral palsy management doctor and hopefully we will talk some long term plans on the direction of his care. I don't think he had near the positive progress with the casting this time compared to the past. He may get more Botox again without the casting. I'm seeing his foot turning inward more and more and seems to be causing deformity in his leg. Praying for clear direction on what is best for him at this time.

Lynn said...

I'm so sorry to hear that! Know you agonize over ways to help that boy! Praying so that they'll have some new suggestions and can help that leg!
Psalms 107:28-31 Then they cry unto the LORD in their trouble, and he bringeth them out of their distresses. He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still. Then are they glad because they be quiet; so he bringeth them unto their desired haven. Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!
My email address

Lynn said...

Hope all goes well tomorrow and you get answers!
Lifting up prayer!
Psalms 56:3-4, 13 What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me...For thou hast delivered my soul from death: wilt not thou deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living?
My email address

Lynn said...

Praying right now!
1 Peter 1:3-5 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you, Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
My email address

Lynn said...

Oh! And I love Ally's car! That is so cute!
Such words of comfort! Praying!
1 Peter 1:18-19, 21 Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot (21) Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.
My email address

Lynn said...

Know that you're in my thoughts and prayers!
Psalms 73:23-26 Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand. Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.
My email address

Lynn said...

The Lord will be with you always! I'll be here praying!
Colossians 3:15-16 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Lynn said...

Probably the most well-known words in all of Scripture, but oh what comfort they give! Praying hard as always! And always saying extra prayers for Andrew!
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
My email address