Friday, January 17, 2014

Today is the day

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

Andrew and I spent a long time reading scripture and praying before bed last night and today I think he feels ready for what is before him.

Andrew typically has a bad time waking up from anesthesia and goes a bit crazy. His sensory issues go into overdrive and he tries to rip off anything connected to or touching him and will fight the staff when they get near him. I've always said his survival instincts are very strong ;-). I'm praying today will be better for him and that he will wake up as calm as possible.

Please also pray that SPML will be a huge success for Andrew!!

Thank you all so much for being there for our family today and always!!

I'm hoping after today we won't need these clunky things again, hopefully he can get back into bracing that's more comfortable and less inhibiting.

New twin tigers for each of the boys.
Roar!!!!!

Roar!! Our theme song this week. So fitting for Andrew!

"You held me down, but I got up
Already brushing off the dust

You hear my voice, you hear that sound
Like thunder gonna shake the ground

You held me down, but I got up!!

Get ready 'cause I’ve had enough
I see it all, I see it now

I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire
'Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar
Louder, louder than a lion
'Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me Roar!"

I am so thankful to God, Many Praises to his glorious name!

10 comments:

Erica said...

Praying for Andrew and your family!!

Lynn said...

Praying so very, very hard that the surgery is a huge success and that he's feeling better and better every day that goes by!
Psalms 32:6-7 For this shall every one that is godly pray unto thee in a time when thou mayest be found: surely in the floods of great waters they shall not come nigh unto him. Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah.
My email address

Lynn said...

Whatever lies ahead, the Lord is with you! Praying that he's getting better and better every day!
Psalms 32:8, 10-11 I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye. (10-11) Many sorrows shall be to the wicked: but he that trusteth in the LORD, mercy shall compass him about. Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart.
My email address

Lynn said...

Love those kids of yours!
Know that I'm here praying!
Psalms 28:1-2 Unto thee will I cry, O LORD my rock; be not silent to me: lest, if thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit. Hear the voice of my supplications, when I cry unto thee, when I lift up my hands toward thy holy oracle.
My email address

Lynn said...

Always praying hard!
Psalms 28:6-7 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.
My email address

Lynn said...

Lifting up prayers right now!
Psalms 28:8-9 The LORD is their strength, and he is the saving strength of his anointed. Save thy people, and bless thine inheritance: feed them also, and lift them up for ever.

Lynn said...

There are times God can seem so very far away, but He's always right there with you! Praying!
Psalms 13:1-6 How long wilt thou forget me, O LORD? for ever? how long wilt thou hide thy face from me? How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? ... Consider and hear me, O LORD my God: lighten mine eyes, ... But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation. I will sing unto the LORD, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.
My email address

Lynn said...

Always keep your eyes on your Shepherd! Praying!
Psalms 23:1-3 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
My email address

Lynn said...

The Lord is always with you! Praying for whatever you have to face this week!
Psalms 23:4-6 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Lynn said...

Our only true hope is in the Lord! Know that I'm praying!
Romans 15:4, 13 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope. (13) Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.
My email address